I was flipping through the recent Deseret Book catalog, that arrived yesterday..

and the name, John Rowe Moyle caught my attention.

My Great Grandmother’s sister, Berniece was married to a Moyle. I used to sit and visit with Berniece and Lyman, when they were in California, to visit my Grandma.

I’ve been to Alpine to see the Moyle Fort.

I had only read about it, before this visit, in my book Alpine Yesterdays. I had listened to my great grandmother tell stories about the Moyle family.

Curious to the family pedigree connection, I popped onto Family Search.

Now, I’m confused, enough, that I’m here to map out what I’ve found.. *smile*

Lyman Moyle’s Father is Joseph Edward Moyle

Joseph’s father is John Rowe Moyle

But, this is interesting..
Joseph’s brother was also married to a Carlisle:
(My great great grandmother is a Carlisle.. that would make Lyman’s mother-in-law a Carlisle..)

Fanny Elizabeth Carlisle is daughter of Thomas Fields and Fanny Sophia Hocquard

Thomas Fields Carlisle is Berniece’s great grandfather!

So, on paper, I have Fanny Elizabeth Carlisle is Berniece’s Great Aunt (sister of her maternal grandfather) and John Rowe Moyle (Jr, son to the John Rowe Moyle in the DVD) is Lyman’s Uncle (brother of his father.)

and that makes Berniece and Lyman cousins? How many times removed? I have no idea.

You may know John Rowe Moyle, more, from this:

This entry was posted on Wednesday, December 31st, 2008 at 1:44 pm and is filed under carlisle, hunter, moyle. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.
+/- Collapse/Expand All

6 Comments(+Add)

1   Arianne Carlisle
June 18th, 2009 at 1:01 pm

My last name is Carlisle, and Thomas Fields, Sr is my great-great-great-grandfather! It would be interesting to see how we are related!

2   admin
June 18th, 2009 at 1:28 pm

Hey Arianne.

We are distant cousins.

Thomas Fields Carlisle Sr is my great-great-great-great grandfather. :)

Thomas Fields Carlisle Sr -> Thomas Fields Carlisle Jr -> Fanny Zalie Carlisle -> Wilma Hunter -> Donna June Crookston

Donna is my maternal grandmother. I grew up with Donna and Wilma, in San Diego County, California.

Donna and Wilma moved to California, from American Fork, Utah, around 1950.

~Heidi

3   Emma
October 20th, 2010 at 1:39 pm

Hi Heidi,

Thomas Fields Carlsle Sr. is my great great great great grandfather aswell, although Im descended from the child of the wife he left in England when he emigrated!

I also have ‘Jane Carlisle’ as my middle names, in his daughter’s memory ..

4   admin
October 20th, 2010 at 1:59 pm

Would that be Sarah White that he left behind in England? I didn’t know he left a wife and child behind. I don’t have any children listed for him with “Sarah White” in my files. How fascinating that you found my blog. Hello distant cousin. :) ~Heidi

5   Emma
October 20th, 2010 at 2:58 pm

It would be Sarah White, was researching the Carlisle line today hence me stumbling across your blog, they married in 1848 and had Jane Carlisle 11/03/1850 in Kexby, Gainsborough – worth researching your distant English cousins! ;)

Emma

6   Emma
October 20th, 2010 at 3:02 pm

P.S. Feel free to contact me if you’re interested in more details about this line!